Tuesday, January 18, 2011

READ THIS !!!

Hey ladies!!! Read this...see God has who He wants in this Bible Study!!! He is incredible and I am so excited to learn from all of you!!!!
 
Hey Amber. I would like for you to post this on our blog for the women in our bible study to check out. This has been on my heart since the fast and beginning of the year and maybe it will Help/Challenge some other women out there...
 
Here are my thoughts during my time with God today...
 
About two weeks ago our pastor picked out a scripture he wanted to live by for 2011 which was Act 10:2
2 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.
This year it is my mission to be more mindful of my time, have more willingness to allow God to mold me and to fully seek God’s will for my life.
I’ve been looking for a verse {or verses} that I wanted to live 2011 by and I found it. As soon as I read it, I knew it was it.
Ephesians 5:15-17 {NIV}
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
{The Message translation is even more detailed, click here to read.}
These verses sum up what I want to accomplish this year: making wiser choices, making the most of what I’m given and really yearning to know and follow, with complete abandon, God’s will for my life. I want that now more than I ever have. So much so, that I am almost bursting at the seams for God to say JUMP! because now I’m ready to jump!
For those of you who know me in person may know that I’m somewhat of a control freak. I like to know what the plan is, what the outcome will be and all the details in between. The unknown scares me so having a plan makes me feel safe. God knows he is testing me during this time in my life. (to explain VERY briefly to those of you do not know me: my grandmother is slowly dying of ALS ( a disease that slowly shuts off your nerves connected to your brain that allow you to do everything: move, eat, and most importantly... BREATH) we have moved in with her to help be a caregiver while she is still here on earth and we have no idea what the future holds for her, how much longer she will be with us and where we will live in the next 2 years, etc. ) FOR ME: this is a huge deal considering I ALWAYS have a plan. (short and long term)
As secure as that may seem, I’m still not promised tomorrow. I’m really NOT in control and I really can’t be sure of any outcome. Not that having a plan is wrong; it’s actually a wise thing to do. But to plan without being flexible to change them when the Lord speaks is foolish. And that is what I’ve been doing because I was scared to go into the unknown. I have finally surrendered totally and fully to God’s will, whatever that might be for right now and in the future. His plans are much grander than mine, and His ways are much higher. How can I even begin to think I know best?
What is your mission for 2011? What words do you want to live by?
In HIS Will,
Lacy Isbell

4 comments:

  1. Lacy,
    This was awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said Lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this Lace and my heart was full of joy for you! You know me, I teared up :) I just love you!!!!! Thanks for being transparent, I needed that too. So really my word, yes it is just one, is FIRST. Simply putting him FIRST. This is so in line with the bible study! No other gods, just HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to know that I am not the only person with a control problem :) Through this weeks study I have come to see that my false god is fear. It sonsumes me. I fear things that may happen, that are happening and that have happened. My verse that I have tried to live by for years is
    2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me , "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness,so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

    I don't always think of this at first, but when I feel out of control,God always reminds me of this verse.

    Sorry, I know this is a long comment, but thought I should say it. This is what I took from last weeks Bible studies .

    ReplyDelete