Monday, February 7, 2011

Post from Lacy!! Encouraging!!!!

Hey ber, It has been another rough week but I am coming through slowly this process and all these emotions I am feeling about family issues we are having....
Here is thoughts that I wanted to share with the girls in our blog...
 
Hi friends.
Phew, it’s been a crazy week already.
I won’t go into any details, but I’ve had a family situation and it’s made things really emotional for me this week. I spent the better part of yesterday in tears which is NOT a fun thing when you’re at work.
I’m so blessed to have friends who will send me encouraging emails/tweets.
On my drive home from work last night I was just talking to the Lord about everything that was on my mind and thanking him for my friends. In an instant I was overcome with thankfulness and the waterworks started up again.
Y’all, I am seriously so blessed. I have a wonderful family, wonderful friends, an amazing church and a God who treasures me. When you’ve got that much support and LOVE you can make it through anything.
I feel like I am finally allowing the Lord to show me and teach me things I was too stubborn to see before. And it feels amazing. I’m saying to myself, “So THIS is actually what freedom feels like. Freedom from worry, freedom from doubt. Lord, why did I ever doubt you?”
(Matthew 11:28-29) “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest… and you will find rest for your souls.”
(1 Peter 1:6-7 TLB) “So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down here. These trials are only to test your faith, to see whether or not it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests gold and purifies it— and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold; so if your faith remains strong after being tried in the test tube of fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day of his return.”
In saying this... I still have a long way and alot to get through with the hurt, trust issues etc... but I finally feel like I am on the right path that God wants me to be on.
(2 Corinthians 10:3-5) “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
In life, there will be troubles, but we will overcome!
Feeling Blessed,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment